Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between a Facebook ad and a sponsored post?
Promoting a Facebook post is a way to create immediate involvement with current followers. It’s tempting, because it’s quick and easy. Promoting a post also has its limitations if you want to have more control on the range of viewers.
Creating a Facebook ad takes a little more time.The advantages of an advertisement are that it’s measurable and that the results are neatly displayed on campaign and advertisement level. You’ll need to determine a purpose when you create an ad. Facebook ad manager gives you a lot of options, here are some examples: brand awareness, generate involvement of an existing post and maximize website traffic, ...
How to determine the right Google Ads budget?
When setting up Google Ads for the first time and you haven’t got historical data yet, it can be difficult to determine a kick-off budget. A great way to decide on this is with Google Keyword Planner. Which keywords seem relevant? You can do your own keyword research based on your own website. You can also learn from your competitors or use tools like Ubersuggest. Bundle these keywords and use them in Google Keyword Planner to determine the search volume and average CPC.
To define a daily budget, you can use the following formula. You should also integrate the average CTR. Since there’s no historical data, you can use an average CTR of 10% (rather high, but just to be sure it’s sufficient). Because we’re working with averages and we don’t want the budget to be limitative on busy days, we’ll add another margin of 15% on top of the budget.
Daily budget = (monthly search volume x average CPC)/30,4 x 1,15
Henceforth you can start testing. Don’t focus on CPC and CTR too much, but set up conversions. That way you can measure effectively which campaigns are successful and which campaigns need adjustments.
Why is social media that important?
Social media creates a lot of opportunities. The first step is to create a well advised social media strategy. Determine what you want to achieve and align your goals and KPI’s. Some reasons why social media is that important:
- Brand awareness: by increasing your online visibility, you’ll automatically increase the range of your brand or product.
- Create website traffic: by regularly posting updates with a link to your website, you’ll create additional website traffic. Inbound links are actually quite important for search engine marketing.
- Input product development: by monitoring your social media platforms, you’ll get insights in the demands of the customer/user. That feedback can be used to improve your products/services.
Most social media platforms are free. The only cost: time and energy to set up a successful plan.
What do you pay influencers?
There’s no exact wage determined for influencers. The rate depends on different factors. For example the amount of followers they have or the amount of creative input they have to come up with themselves. In Belgium the rates for influencers are a little lower than in other countries. You’ll pay around 300 to 600 euros for a post on an Instagramaccount with 50.000 followers. That is the average for a single post, entire campaigns can go as high as 50.000 euros.
Rates for influencers are pretty high, but there’s a decent return on investment. You should chose your influencer wisely. Get someone who’s authentic and fits the brand, that will gain more interaction and extra earned media.
First of all there’s the legislation on legitimate advertising practices. The common rule that commercial communication should be clear and fair, applies to influencers as well. While it isn’t always clear for consumers if it’s sponsored content are not, the Board for Advertisement has put forward several guidelines:
- Every commercial post should have a ‘advertisement’, ‘sponsored’ or ‘commercial’ label. Hashtags suffice.
- The advertisement has to be in the language of the targeted audience.
- The advertisement can’t be hidden under hashtags. It has to be noticeable to the average consumer.
- The brand or its logo should be displayed to make clarify the commercial message.
- The instructing party and the influencer are responsible for living up to these guidelines. When a violation of these guidelines are detected, the campaign can be put on hold or forced to be altered.
Where can I find the presentations from the marketing session?